25 Years

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Yesterday my family celebrated my parents 25th wedding anniversary! In a day when more than 48% of couples are divorcing within a few years of marriage, I think this is a pretty significant day!

To spread the celebratory cheer, we went to a fabulous dinner at the Oliver Garden [one of my favorite places!], and then headed outside to take some pictures in the perfect evening light!

After growing together for so long, I noticed for the first time how comfortable my parents are with one another. They are friends. They are cheerleaders. They are lovers. In just a few days, my parents are giving me the honor of photographing them in their original wedding attire! How many photographers can boast of this?!?

But until then, here is a little peek of the celebration...

The family picture of the day! Wow! We are quite a group!!!


It has been 25 adoring years together.


After all this time they still know how to play... ;-)


...And love...[btw, the dip was my dad's idea. lol].


Congratulations Mom and Dad! May you be blessed with many, many more years together!


- Christina

3 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

awww Christina, I love your family picture! At IPS we never really talked about your family, but from some of what you said I assumed you had siblings, but didn't know there were 10 of you! How sweet...I think big families are so precious. My parents celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary last year, and it was indeed a special time, and I realize how prirvileged and blessed I am. :) Thanks for their examples and to God's grace we have examples to look up to.

Love you!

ps: for some reason I can't comment on the Restoring Grace blog...I've tried to these past 2-3 times that you've posted, but I'm not sure what it is. Just want Hannah & Sarah know that I'm thinking of them and praying. Hope everything goes great!

Sarah said...

Beautiful family photo! I didn't realize that you had so many siblings! You're the oldest right? That's neat there are also 10 siblings in my family!
That's so neat that you get to photograph them in their original wedding attire, they'll be something! Can't wait to see the photos! :-)
Blessings,
Sarah

Sarah said...

I must add we also have 6 girls and 4 boys!

Love you!
Sarah

 
Bride.Inspired - by Templates para novo blogger