Ashley

Tuesday, February 10, 2009



My baby sister is now a fabulous, grown up young woman. At 18 [almost 19 mind you], she is an incredible violinist who holds together a quartet with 3 of her brothers [saint-hood status, yes, I know]. She's been studying for her ACT to show herself worthy of the school giving her a full ride music scholarship next year - at the University of St. Louis at Missouri.

This last Sunday, we took advantage of the gorgeous shooting weather - i.e. overcast skies - to take her senior portraits after church. Our conversation on the way to the park was as follows:

C - So, you never told me what you wanted to have your portraits "feel" like.

A - Uuuuummm...what do you mean?

C - Well, you know. Like a music piece. There's gentle. There's strong. There's fast and upbeat...

A - Gentle. Soft. But artistic.

C - [After looking at her church outfit]. Hmmm. Ok. So, gentle in a forest with your church outfit. [I could pull the pictures together, but the combo was a little, well, interesting at best].

A - [Giving me a raised eyebrow] I brought my duffel full of clothes.

C - Oh. Ok then! This will work great!


;-)

And here's to gentle, flowing, artistic senior portraits of a beautiful and talented girl.














2 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

Christina!

Wow, these are amazing. :) I bet she loves them... You did a great job on capturing the 'gentleness' and all. My favorite is the 3rd picture in this post - her sitting on the park bench. Once again, I'm amazed at your work, and would have loved to have been a 'silent observer' to this shoot to see how you do it...

Love you!

Sarah said...

oh you have a sweet sister! I love how you brought such feeling through each photo.

Love you!
Sarah

 
Bride.Inspired - by Templates para novo blogger