"Risk Love"

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sometimes there are certain things that really inspire you. They inspire you because you realize that you are needed. They inspire you because you understand how much you matter. They inspire you because you catch a vision of something you never thought possible before. They inspire you because they challenge you to be better, be more authentic, be more true.

For me, one of these things is the idea of Foster Care.

You see, one day when I was a little girl, I asked my mother why we never saw her Mommy and Daddy. I remember how she turned to me with sadness in her eyes as she explained. "My Daddy died when I was 10. My Mommy died when I was 12. I grew up in many homes - in the Foster Care system."

My mom was finally placed with a beautiful couple in Northern California. Many changes came to her life - many good changes. After years of feeling alone, she finally found a family who would look out for her and care for her. It was difficult, but my Mother became the beautiful and inspiring person she is today because of those experiences.

Since then, the idea of Fostering and Adoption through the State has been something that truly inspires me. So much so, that the last 6 months I've donated time and energy working on a multimedia piece to inspire others to Foster and Adoption also. Volunteering with a nonprofit organization in Oregon and Washington. This multimedia piece artistically outlines the story of adopting from the foster care system. This was truly a dream project for me to work on with Revolutionary Media

I was so blessed working on the "Risk Love" project. Every time I hear the title I am reminded of what life really is supposed to be about: loving others.

Watch "Risk Love" NOW on Youtube. I hope you find it inspiring.

By the way, be sure to check out the work of another Portland philanthropist and photographer, my friend and fellow wedding shooter Jocelyn Edlin. This girl is so full of heart and vision. I can't wait to work with her more!

Be Inspired Today!

Christina

 
Bride.Inspired - by Templates para novo blogger